I can't believe it was 5 years ago this weekend that I became a mother. March 8th was Cole's birthday. Time goes by so fast when you are the parent and not the kid. Cole is so excited to grow up and I just wish I could stall time. He has been the biggest blessing in my life. It is that first child that teaches you so much about life and love and what really matters. I believe that you don't really understand what unconditional love is until you become a parent. After he was born, I remember thinking, "Wow, so this is what feels like to love something more that life itself. Now I know why my parents love me so much." You just can't understand a mother's love until you become a mother. So, thank you Cole for enriching my life and helping me experience the greatest joy a person can every experience.
Here are the 5 things I love most about Jerrold Cole Wilson
5. I love how much he loves his cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. He loves these people more than anything. His little life revolves around his family and nothing is better to him than getting to see them.
4. I love that he is the best big brother to Taylor. He is very protective of him at pre-school. He is always looking out for him. He loves to teach Taylor new things, comfort him, play with him, tease him, etc. They are blessed to have each other.
3. I love that he lights up a room when he walks in. He larger than life and wants to be friends with everyone. He makes friends wherever he goes. He is fearless that way.
2. I love that when he hugs me he tries to "Pop my head off". All that means is that he squeezes as tight as he can.
1. The thing I love most about Cole is how loving his little soul is. He NEVER says goodbye to me or his father without a big hug and a kiss. Whenever we say goodbye, he says "Hug and a kiss mom." It is our little routine. He has so much love and happiness inside of him. He has always been that way. He wakes up happy everyday!
We had pizza, cake and ice cream, opened presents, and swam for an hour or so. The athletic club we are members to have an awesome indoor pool with a huge slide and water fountains. It really was so much fun.




5 comments:
What a great post. I love to look at your blog not just for all the great posts, but for all the pictures. You really are a great photographer. I am sorry that I didn't comment on your last two posts, I should have. That baby is gorgeous and the pictures of Mexico were great, but none of you. That would have been nice.
Hey Christie, I happen to come across a link to your blog and thought maybe it was you. I don't think I have talked to you in 10 years!! Your boys are darling! I have a Cole too who also just turned 5 in January. I have been in Texas the last 6 years. Anyways, it was great to see a familiar face.
Stacey Bradshaw
adamstace11@hotmail.com.
Caden had a great time at his party and it was so fun to finally see you again!
I wish I could see more of this precious child. And the rest of the kiddos. Hope you are doing well. I hear you are datting a great guy. Lets see photos!
Boy there is a strong Stewart gene that all those grandkids have. Cute kid with a personality that is crammed into his little body!
Post a Comment